Neurona Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company that was founded by four leading-edge neuroscientists and stem cell pioneers at The University of California, San Francisco. We are focused on the discovery and development of cell-based therapies to treat intractable neurological disease. Our initial aim is to generate therapeutic compositions of a specific type of nerve cell (or neuron) for targeted delivery into the injured nervous system. Based on nearly two decades of research, we believe that particular subpopulations of neurons have the unique ability to integrate and repair dysregulated neural circuits. Our talented team of scientists, scientific advisors, and board directors is working to accelerate breakthrough treatments for patients with significant unmet medical needs.
Neurona is conducting a multi-center, Phase 1/2 clinical trial of its lead regenerative neural cell therapy, NRTX-1001, designed to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and efficacy of a single administration of NRTX-1001 in people with mesial temporal lobe epilepsy (MTLE). More information can be found at www.clinicaltrials.gov (NCT05135091)
- Scientiﬁc excellence – We are a data driven company conducting research based on rigorous science.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves in the most ethical manner and value transparency in all aspects of our work.
- Innovation – We are creative, resourceful and unafraid of risks. We are constantly pushing boundaries of what is known.
- Passion – We are energized and driven in all of our actions. Our common goal inspires us to perform to the very best of our abilities.
- Teamwork – We share our knowledge, skills, and experience as we work together for a common purpose. All voices are heard and respected.
- Compassion – We understand that an individual is not deﬁned by their illness.
- Accountability – We deliver on our commitments and take responsibility for our actions, regardless of the outcome.
Neurona is founded by world-class researchers at the forefront of neural stem cell biology. We have built an outstanding team of scientists that work tirelessly to advance cell-based medicines to the clinic.
Our approach is built on a strong scientific foundation comprising decades of work in fundamental neuroscience, brain development, and stem cell biology
Read about our recent progress and announcements towards developing novel cell therapies
Join a collaborative team of first-class scientists driven by an uncompromising desire to translate groundbreaking research into new medicines to improve the quality of life for patients in need